Share This Page
Travel Area: Ionian Islands
View full travel map of Greece...
About Ionian Islands, GreeceThe Ionian Islands consist of mostly mountainous terrain and warm, humid climates. Corfu, Paxi, Lefkada, Ithaki, Kefalonia, and Zakythos are located off the west coast of mainland Greece and Kythira is located of the Southern tip of the Peloponnese. These islands are known for their sandy beaches, clear waters, and village charms.
• Kefalonia is the largest of the Ionian islands.
• Sea turtles lay their eggs on Zakynthios.
Sightseeing Suggestions For Ionian Islands, Greece• Windsurfing at Lefkada.
• The nightlife on Corfu.
• The National Park on Kefalonia.
• The Monastery of Virgin Mary Myrtiotissa on Corfu.
• The Achillion Palace on Corfu.
• The Old and New Fortresses of Corfu.
• The Monastery of Panagia Katharon on Ithaki.
• The Folklore Museum of Paxi.
Transportation For Ionian Islands, Greece• Transportation to and from these islands include air, ferries, bus, and railway travel.
• Corfu (Kerkyra / Ioannis Kapodistrias) International Airport (CFU) map
• Kefalonia (Cephalonia) Island International Airport (EFL) map
• Kithira Island National Airport (KIT) map
• Zakynthos International Airport (ZTH) map
Places to Visit For Ionian Islands, Greece Corfu (local hotel deals & google map)
Ithaca (local hotel deals & google map)
Kefalonia (local hotel deals & google map)
Kythira (local hotel deals & google map)
Lefkada (local hotel deals & google map)
Paxi (local hotel deals & google map)
Zakynthos (local hotel deals & google map)